What is Optical Fiber Cable?
Optical Fiber Cable:
In optical fiber cable communication a fiber or strand (straw or narrow pipe) is used. The inner side of the fiber is coated with glass (core glass). Then the fiber is covered with another protection of plastic or glass which is called cladding. Finally a heavy plastic or metallic casing or jacket is used to protect the inner two layers from external harm.
- TypesStep index fiber (equal refraction angle in all places)
- Graded index fiber (refraction angle is higher in center than periphery)
- Singlemode fiber (laser light is fallen in a single direction or angle)
- Multimode fiber (laser light is fallen in multiple direction or angle)
1.High bandwidth (gbps-tbps).
2.High distance communication.
2.Installation is complex.
Applications: WAN, Submarine cable etc.
Optical Fiber Communication System
Application of Modem in Data Communication
Different means of data communication: Pigeon, Postal media etc.
Modem = Modulation + Demodulation
- Modulation = Digital to Analog Conversion (DAC)
- Demodulation = Analog to Digital Conversion (ADC)